Covid-19 Research Reagents
Acute phase protein ELISA and SPARCL™ kits
Serum levels of CRP1,4,5,7,11 and SAA2,6, both acute phase proteins, increase in Covid-19 patients. We manufacture kits for detection of acute phase proteins including alpha-1-acid glycoprotein, CRP, haptoglobin and SAA in mice, rats, rabbits, dogs and monkeys. They may be useful in Covid-19 drug and vaccine development. Our rabbit CRP ELISA has been used in vaccine research.3
Mouse CRP, haptoglobin and SAA kits might be of use in studies using hACE2 transgenic mice, available from The Jackson Laboratory. hACE2-transgenic mice express human angiotensin converting enzyme-2, the receptor via which SARS-CoV-2 enters human cells.
Rhesus macaques are susceptible to Sars-CoV-2 infection (The Scientist). Symptoms are different than found in humans but they develop pneumonia. Levels of CRP and SAA can increase 100-fold or more during the acute phase response in monkeys. Such biomarkers may be useful for assessment of disease progression in non-human primate models of Covid-19.
Serum levels of cystatin-C are elevated patients severe Covid-19 compared to mild Covid-9 patients8. We manufacture a monkey cystatin-C ELISA (CYSC-3) that may be of use in research. The kit also recognizes human cystatin-C.
Cardiovascular Biomarker ELISA kits
Levels of cardiovascular biomarkers troponin-I9 and cardiac troponin-T10 are elevated in patients with severe Covid-19. Elevated troponin-T correlated with increased mortality. We manufacture ELISA kits for measurement of cardiovascular biomarkers includung troponin-I, myoglobin and H-FABP in mice, rats, monkeys and other species. Refer to our cardiovascular biomarker kits page for a list of available assays.
Immunotoxicity ELISA kits
We manufacture ELISA kits for measurement of anti-KLH IgG and IgM in mice, rats and monkeys (Rhesus & Cynomolgus). They are used for safety assessment during drug and vaccine development. More information can be found on our Immunotoxicity ELISA kits page.
Human IgG-specific ELISA and SPARCL™ kits
Our human IgG ELISA and SPARCL™ kits (IGG-20 and IGG-SP-20) were designed for measurement of human IgG in serum of mice, rats, dogs and monkeys. They can be used for pharmacokinetic characterization of therapeutic human IgG antibodies in serum of species used in preclinical research.
1. Chen N. et al., Lancet 2020; 395:507-13
2. Ji W. et al. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.10.20033613
3. Destexhe E. et al., J Pharm Tox Methods 2013; 68:367-373
4. Cao W. et al. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.02.23.20026963
5. Zhou Y. et al. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.24.20042119
6. Zhang J. et al. http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3546066
7. Zhou B. et al. 10.21203/rs.3.rs-18079/v1
8. Ziang J. et al. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.19.20034447
9. Lippi G. et al. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pcad.2020.03.001
10. Guo T. et al. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2020.1017
11. Ling W. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medmal.2020.03.007